SACRED VALLEY TOUR
Want to speak to a real person for booking or questions? Chat, email, or text/call us at +1 (302) 316-5872
- Experience Peruvian culture and learn about Inca history
- Excellent option to acclimate to the elevation a day or two before a trek
- Explore the valley that connects Cusco (the capital of the Inca Empire) and Machu Picchu
- Our guides are local to the Cusco Region, fluent in English and have several years of experience leading tours
- Learn about Ancient Inca history
- Sharpen your negotiating skills at a local market, where hand crafted goods and textiles are sold and traded
- Lunch at a local Peruvian restaurant
- Professionally guided tour of the Písac ruins, which have incredible stone carvings and other pieces of art
- Pick up directly from your hotel in Cusco at 8AM drop off at your hotel at 2pm
Prices are per person and in U.S. Dollars ($)
GROUP RATE: $40
The Group Rate includes the price for your bus ticket and the price to hire a guide. You will be part of a larger group (20-30 people) and will be responsible for paying entry to the National Park, which costs 70 Soles ($22).
PRIVATE TOUR PRICES: A "private tour" is just your group and our guides.
- 2 - 6 People: $240 for the group
- 7 - 13 People: $340 for the group
- 14+ People: Please contact us
- Daily departures available. We accept bookings for this tour up to 24 hours in advance.
- Consider adding this tour as part of a larger pacakage before you do a multi-day trek.
- This tour is a particularly good option for those doing the Classic Inca Trail Hike because it ends in Ollantaytambo, which is a town 2 hours closer to the start of the Inca Trail hike.
- A 5% Transaction Fee will be added to the total cost if you pay via credit/debit card. We are charged to convert and transfer money. We do our best to keep this rate as low as possible.
- Professional Guide
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED:
- Entrance Tickets to Park: 70 Soles ($22USD), must be purchased in person.
Sacred Valley Day-Tour Itinerary
We will leave the hotel at 8AM and take a road that winds around the mountains north of Cusco. On the way we will stop at a famous point known as El Mirador (Lookout Point). From here we will be able to see the Sacred Valley in its entirety, while Erik explains a bit of Inca history.
The Sacred Valley was a key area of settlement for the Incas. It has an amazing combination of agreeable climate and fertile plains that allowed for an abundance of crops for the usually unforgiving climate of the high Andes. Here the Incas sculpted vast mountain valleys with their world famous contour terracing and irrigation channels. Your guide will point out the best vantage points to get awesome pictures.
Later on, we will drive towards the ruins of Pisac. At these ruins you will see and learn about different aspects of Inca culture. We'll see amazing works of art carved into stone as well as impressive agricultural terraces. After exploring the upper plains, we will drive back to the lower part of Pisac, where there is a bustling handicraft market that should not be missed.
AfternoonAt the market you will have free time to walk around and do some bargain hunting for souvenirs and clothing made of alpaca or llama wool. Afterwards we will meet for lunch in a nice local restaurant where we will enjoy delicious Andean food.
After lunch we will continue our tour. We will drive along the Urubamba River towards the town of Ollantaytambo. Here, we will tour a set of important ruins that were constructed during the Inca's heydays. This extraordinary Inca site also contains an amazing rock formation representing the Inca god Wiracocha. Afterwards, we will drop you off at a hotel in Ollantaytambo or back in Cusco.
Recent Reviews from TripAdvisor
LARES & INCA TRAIL
Just got back a couple weeks ago from the 4 day LARES/INCA trail trek and had an absolutely amazing time! It ended up being a private tour with two other friends and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. Michael, our contact back in the states, made planning effortless. He was always available for questions and made sure everything was ready to go once we arrived in Peru. Our guide, Eric, was fantastic! He was very knowledgeable about everywhere we visited and could tell he was passionate and truly cared about everything he taught us. He was also great about maintaining a sustainable trekking pace since none of us were used to the altitude. Truly blown away by the food from our chef during the hike and all the hard work our porter did for us! Camp was always set up and ready to go once we arrived. Food was delicious! Overall would definitely recommend to anyone coming to Peru to use Kusa Treks! Only wish we had done our other tours through them as well!
Huchuy Qosqo trek
3D/2N trek to Machu Picchu was amazing with the KUSA TREKS. Very professional and friendly approach.
FIRST CLASS SERVICE 👌👍
My friend and I booked a 2 day tour of the Sacred Valley, Macchupicchu and Waynapicchu with Kusa Treks. We are so happy with our experience . The service and proffesionalism was great. We definitely recommend anyone to this company. Eric was our tour guide. He was very knowledgeable about every place we visited. The entire trip was so well coordinated with all our tickets and itineraries provided. Eric and his company did an outstanding job.