MARAS & MORAY TOUR and ANDEAN EXPERIENCE
Want to speak to a real person for booking or questions? Chat, email, or text/call us at +1 (302) 316-5872
- Experience Peruvian culture and learn about Inca history
- Excellent option to acclimate to the elevation a day or two before a trek
- Visit one of the oldest operating salt mines on the planet (over 1,000 year old!)
- Enjoy an authentic Andean meal at a local village
- Opportunity to purchase handmade Andean goods, including sweaters, scarfs, rugs, etc. Made from Alpaca fur.
- Our guides are local to the Cusco Region, fluent in English and have several years of experience leading tours
- Visit markets, ruins, mines and a local Andean village
- Pick up directly from your hotel in Cusco in the morning drop off at your hotel in the late afternoon
Prices are in U.S. Dollars ($) and for the entire group
ONLY AVAILABLE AS PRIVATE TOUR
- 2 - 4 People: $180 for the group
- 5 - 10 People: $240 for the group
- 10+ People: Please contact us
- Daily departures available. We accept bookings for this tour up to 24 hours in advance.
- Consider adding this tour as part of a larger pacakage before you do a multi-day trek.
- A 5% Transaction Fee will be added to the total cost if you pay via credit/debit card. We are charged to convert and transfer money. We do our best to keep this rate as low as possible.
- Professional Guide
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED:
- Tourist Ticket: 70 Soles ($22 USD), must be purchased in person with a valid passport.
- Entrance fee for Maras: 10 Soles ($3 USD)
Maras & Moray Day-Tour Itinerary
You will be picked up between 8-8:30am by our private van from your hotel (for group tours you will meet for the bus in a central location). From Cusco, we have a 45 minute drive through beautiful mountains and farmlands to Moray.
In Moray we will look down below to contemplate the concentric circles that made up an Incan agricultural laboratory. We'll hike down into the archaeological site with a private guided tour of the ruins that served as one of the main amphitheaters for the Incas where they performed rituals and ceremonies.
We will then drive through more stunning countryside to our last visit, Maras, a collection of salt mines that have been used since pre-Inca times to evaporate salt from an underground stream. It is truly a breathtaking site. These are among the oldest salt mines on earth, and have been in operation for over 1,000 years!
After our tour of Maras, we will travel to the Andean town of Chinchero. Our visit to Chinchero will consist of 3 parts. First we will visit the Rainbow Temple, one of the biggest Inca temples, in order to learn why they worshipped the rainbow.
Next we will visit a church with beautiful murals depicting the Cusqueñan style of painting. This style of art combines traditional Inca imagery with Christian motifs. We will then walk through the beautiful village in Chinchero, ending in the Women's Weaving Cooperative where we will watch a demonstration of local weavers who are still using traditional Inca patterns and techniques for dyeing fabric. Here you will have time to browse the shop which sells Inca style purses, tablecloths, wall hangings, and many other colorful and exquisitely patterned artisanal goods.
AfternoonThis will be followed by a cooking lesson, where the ladies will teach us how to make quinoa soup, a staple of their diet. After sharing lunch with them, we can dress up in the traditional clothing and the hats of Chinchero and take some photos with the local women.
We will have a private van ride back to your hotel in Cusco, for group tours the bus will drop you back off in the central location. We'll arrive in Cusco around 3pm.
Recent Reviews from TripAdvisor
LARES & INCA TRAIL
Just got back a couple weeks ago from the 4 day LARES/INCA trail trek and had an absolutely amazing time! It ended up being a private tour with two other friends and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. Michael, our contact back in the states, made planning effortless. He was always available for questions and made sure everything was ready to go once we arrived in Peru. Our guide, Eric, was fantastic! He was very knowledgeable about everywhere we visited and could tell he was passionate and truly cared about everything he taught us. He was also great about maintaining a sustainable trekking pace since none of us were used to the altitude. Truly blown away by the food from our chef during the hike and all the hard work our porter did for us! Camp was always set up and ready to go once we arrived. Food was delicious! Overall would definitely recommend to anyone coming to Peru to use Kusa Treks! Only wish we had done our other tours through them as well!
Huchuy Qosqo trek
3D/2N trek to Machu Picchu was amazing with the KUSA TREKS. Very professional and friendly approach.
FIRST CLASS SERVICE 👌👍
My friend and I booked a 2 day tour of the Sacred Valley, Macchupicchu and Waynapicchu with Kusa Treks. We are so happy with our experience . The service and proffesionalism was great. We definitely recommend anyone to this company. Eric was our tour guide. He was very knowledgeable about every place we visited. The entire trip was so well coordinated with all our tickets and itineraries provided. Eric and his company did an outstanding job.