MARAS & MORAY TOUR
Want to speak to a real person for booking or questions? Chat, email, or text/call us at +1 (302) 316-5872
- Experience Peruvian culture and learn about Inca history
- Excellent option to acclimate to the elevation a day or two before a trek
- Visit one of the oldest operating salt mines on the planet (over 1,000 year old!)
- Our guides are local to the Cusco Region, fluent in English and have several years of experience leading tours
- Visit ruins & mines
- Pick up directly from your hotel in Cusco in the morning drop off at your hotel in the late afternoon
Prices are per person and in U.S. Dollars ($)
We offer Private service for our Day-Tours. The price is based on the number of people in your group.
NOTE: Based on the time of year, and with your permission, we are sometimes able to combine multiple private groups into one larger group, which allows us to provide you with a discount.
Please inform your booking agent if you are open to being paired with other groups.
- Daily departures available. We accept bookings for this tour up to 24 hours in advance.
- Consider adding this tour as part of a larger pacakage before you do a multi-day trek.
- A 5% Transaction Fee will be added to the total cost if you pay via credit/debit card. We are charged to convert and transfer money. We do our best to keep this rate as low as possible.
- Professional Guide
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED:
- Tourist Ticket: 70 Soles ($22 USD), must be purchased in person with a valid passport.
- Entrance fee for Maras: 10 Soles ($3 USD)
Maras & Moray Day-Tour Itinerary
You will be picked up between 8-8:30am by our private van from your hotel (for group tours you will meet for the bus in a central location). From Cusco, we have an hour drive through part of the incredible Sacred Valley to Moray. Moray is one of the best perserved examples of a terraced farming that the Incas used to thrive in the Andes.
In Moray we will look down below to contemplate the concentric circles that made up an Inca agricultural laboratory. We'll hike down into the archaeological site with a private guided tour of the ruins that served as one of the main amphitheaters for the Incas where they performed rituals and ceremonies.
We will then drive through more stunning countryside to our last visit, Maras, a collection of salt mines that have been used since pre-Inca times to evaporate salt from an underground stream. It is truly a breathtaking site. These are among the oldest salt mines on earth, and have been in operation for over 1,000 years!
After our tour of Maras, we will have a private van ride back to your hotel in Cusco, for group tours the bus will drop you back off in the central location. We'll arrive in Cusco around 3pm.
Recent Reviews from TripAdvisor
LARES & INCA TRAIL
Just got back a couple weeks ago from the 4 day LARES/INCA trail trek and had an absolutely amazing time! It ended up being a private tour with two other friends and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. Michael, our contact back in the states, made planning effortless. He was always available for questions and made sure everything was ready to go once we arrived in Peru. Our guide, Eric, was fantastic! He was very knowledgeable about everywhere we visited and could tell he was passionate and truly cared about everything he taught us. He was also great about maintaining a sustainable trekking pace since none of us were used to the altitude. Truly blown away by the food from our chef during the hike and all the hard work our porter did for us! Camp was always set up and ready to go once we arrived. Food was delicious! Overall would definitely recommend to anyone coming to Peru to use Kusa Treks! Only wish we had done our other tours through them as well!
Huchuy Qosqo trek
3D/2N trek to Machu Picchu was amazing with the KUSA TREKS. Very professional and friendly approach.
FIRST CLASS SERVICE 👌👍
My friend and I booked a 2 day tour of the Sacred Valley, Macchupicchu and Waynapicchu with Kusa Treks. We are so happy with our experience . The service and proffesionalism was great. We definitely recommend anyone to this company. Eric was our tour guide. He was very knowledgeable about every place we visited. The entire trip was so well coordinated with all our tickets and itineraries provided. Eric and his company did an outstanding job.