Kusa Treks is Introducing an incredible new route to Machu Picchu in 2017! - The best of both worlds!
Our new trek is the perfect combination of culture, history and scenic beauty. It's a wonderful option to explore peru and get the most out of a trip to machu picchu!
We are really excited about this new trek, it's been years in the making! We have a brand new trekking experience that has just been approved by the Peruvian Government. We are proud to announce the Lares and Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu!
What makes this trek so special
- No permits necessary!
- The Peruvian Government limits the amount of people allowed on the 4d/3n Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu (the most popular route to Machu Picchu), as a result tickets must be purchased 6+ months in advance and frequently sell out for the entire year. Our new trek does not require any special permits, which allows for immediate bookings.
- More availability/flexibility
- Because no permits are needed, more dates are available to start the trek.
- A full day of hiking on the Inca Trail
- Interact with locals
- You’ll visit: schools, textile shops, villages and several farms (coffee, alpaca/llama and agricultural).
- See the world famous ruins of Machu Picchu...twice!
- On the 3rd night of the trek you’ll see the sunset over Machu Picchu from the Sun Gate. On the 4th day you will have a professionally guided tour of the ancient city.
- Stay ahead of the crowds
- You will be one of the first people through the gates of Machu Picchu and will have the place to yourself for a few hours. As it is a world famous destination, it can get pretty crowded later in the day.
- Experience the rejuvenating Lares Hot Springs
- We’ll actually camp on the banks of the Sacred Lares Hot Springs!
- Enjoy picturesque Mountain Lakes
- Trek through multiple climates (rain forest, cloud forest, mountain farms)
This trek is available to book now, if your schedule allows to go in 2017, we’d suggest booking sooner than later. September and October are great options to visit Peru, however November and December mark the beginning on the rainy season. Check out our piece on When to Visit Machu Picchu for more information.
The Ideal Way to Experience Machu Picchu and Hiking in Peru
This four day, three night Lares Valley and Inca Trail trek is a great option for a first time adventurer. It is a moderately difficult trek that will take you through rugged mountain trails with snow-capped mountain views, winding up gentle switchbacks and steep climbs while surrounded by the lush vegetation of the Andes.
Plus, along every step of the way you will enjoy superb cuisine cooked by our world-renowned chef - perfect for fueling up for a long day of exploring. You’ll also have the wonderful experience of soaking in the medicinal hot springs near Lares Village - the warm waters feel especially amazing on your muscles after a full day of trekking.
Now is the Time to Take This Trip of a Lifetime
An important thing to know is that starting on January 1st, 2017 the Cultural Institute increased the price of trek permits for porters and visitors. As a result a lot of trekking companies were forced to increase their prices to match these added costs. However, we will not increase our trek rates for the remaining months of 2017.
To find out more about this trek, check out this page: Trek Details
If you have any questions, give us a shout! We can be reached in all the normal ways: