CUSCO CITY TOUR
Want to speak to a real person for booking or questions? Chat, email, or text/call us at +1 (302) 316-5872
- Experience Peruvian culture and learn about Inca history
- Excellent option to acclimate to the elevation a day or two before a trek
- Explore the capital of the Inca Empire
- Our guides are local to the Cusco Region, fluent in English and have several years of experience leading tours
- Learn about Ancient Inca history
- Sharpen your negotiating skills at a local market, where hand crafted goods and textiles are sold and traded
- Lunch at a local Peruvian restaurant
- Professionally guided tour of several Inca Ruins including Qorikancha
- Pick up directly from your hotel in Cusco at 9AM drop off at your hotel at 1pm
Prices are per person and in U.S. Dollars ($)
GROUP RATE: $25
The Group Rate includes the price for your bus ticket and the price to hire a guide. You will be part of a larger group (20-30 people) and will be responsible for paying entry to the historic sites ($22).
PRIVATE TOUR PRICES: A "private tour" is just your group and our guides.
- 2 - 6 People: $170 for the group
- 7 - 13 People: $240 for the group
- 14+ People: Please contact us
- Daily departures available. We accept bookings for this tour up to 24 hours in advance.
- Consider adding this tour as part of a larger pacakage before you do a multi-day trek.
- A 5% Transaction Fee will be added to the total cost if you pay via credit/debit card. We are charged to convert and transfer money. We do our best to keep this rate as low as possible.
- Professional Guide
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED:
- Entrance Tickets to Park: 70 Soles, ($22USD), must be purchased in person.
- Entrance to city center Catedral: 25 soles ($7USD)
- Entrance to Qoricancha: 15 soles ($4USD)
Cusco City Day-Tour Itinerary
Pick up directly from your hotel at 9AM we will head to Q'oricancha, the Temple of the Sun. At Q'oricancha you will see the differences between the Inca and Spanish building methods. This was the Spiritual Center of the entire Inca Empire and as such the construction here is amazing. Dozens of roads lead from Q'oricancha to the four quarters of the entire Inca Empire.
After Q'oricancha the group will walk down the Avenida El Sol, where we'll catch a bus, which will take us just outside of the city. The 25 minute drive will take you to the majestic Inca site of Sacsayhuaman, which has enigmatic monoliths weighing as much as 200 tons! Your guide will offer an explanation of this phenomenal site and you will have extra time to do a bit of exploring on your own.
From Sacsayhuaman it is a 5 minute bus ride to the Q'enqo Inca site. These ruins include fascinating Inca altars. Next is another 5 minute drive to Puca Pucara, which is a small, circular Inca site. The final stop on our tour is Tambomachay, the Inca water temple thought to be used by the ancient civilization for bathing, with its impressive water fountains.
AfternoonAfter touring all of these sites we'll drive back down to Cusco where the tour ends at your hotel around 1PM
Recent Reviews from TripAdvisor
LARES & INCA TRAIL
Just got back a couple weeks ago from the 4 day LARES/INCA trail trek and had an absolutely amazing time! It ended up being a private tour with two other friends and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. Michael, our contact back in the states, made planning effortless. He was always available for questions and made sure everything was ready to go once we arrived in Peru. Our guide, Eric, was fantastic! He was very knowledgeable about everywhere we visited and could tell he was passionate and truly cared about everything he taught us. He was also great about maintaining a sustainable trekking pace since none of us were used to the altitude. Truly blown away by the food from our chef during the hike and all the hard work our porter did for us! Camp was always set up and ready to go once we arrived. Food was delicious! Overall would definitely recommend to anyone coming to Peru to use Kusa Treks! Only wish we had done our other tours through them as well!
Huchuy Qosqo trek
3D/2N trek to Machu Picchu was amazing with the KUSA TREKS. Very professional and friendly approach.
FIRST CLASS SERVICE 👌👍
My friend and I booked a 2 day tour of the Sacred Valley, Macchupicchu and Waynapicchu with Kusa Treks. We are so happy with our experience . The service and proffesionalism was great. We definitely recommend anyone to this company. Eric was our tour guide. He was very knowledgeable about every place we visited. The entire trip was so well coordinated with all our tickets and itineraries provided. Eric and his company did an outstanding job.